-I read this today in Michael Brown’s ebook “Being our Companion”, it’s a great list of some of the fruits of emotional work, qualities that I aspire for.
“as we continue to explore our emotional body… we gradually reactivate emotional body awareness. Consequently, we regain emotional stamina and this enables us to express our emotional body authentically. Indicators of a shift into emotional body awareness are:”
- Being able to express how we feel about something.
- Awakening to discernment and containment.
- Express what is within us instead of what is expected from outside of us.
- Say “no” when we mean “no” and “yes” when we mean “yes”.
- Being able to leave any situation without feeling awkward.
- We stop standing social social ceremonies.
- Being able to ignore the emotional blackmailing of beggars and sales persons.
- Becoming aware of parasitic presences in our energy field and taking the actions to cleanse ourselves of these.
- Being able to tell the truth in every situation, to ourselves and to others.
- Being able to draw a line in the sand and say “No!” without feeling guilt.
- Being emotionally in charge of our life experience, and able to assert ourselves without the aggressive resonance of an unconscious emotional charge.
- No longer seeking acknowledgement or validation from the world because we are our own validation.
- Responding equally to triumph as to tragedy.
- Developing a neutral relationship with all our energetic experiences; not favoring one emotion over another. We embrace them as relevant in the ever-changing tides of our life experience.
I’m definitely starting to feel some of these shifts. Especially feeling less and less like I’m reaching out into the world for validation instead my awareness is more and more coming into the body and with my moment to moment e-motions. I’m noticing behind the need to gain acknowledgement from the world there is an emotion underneath it, so whenever I notice that feeling come up… I just bring my compassionate awareness to that area, to that part of me and thus I’m beginning to “parent my own inner child”.
The list above is some groovy stuff… I aspire for those qualities, thus it’s a good reminder of what is my goal, so I decided to share with you all.