Mike & John Mew talked at a conference in Vancouver in November 2016. Mike personally sent these videos to me to post on this site before they became public. Very good talks about the following topics:
- Mike Mew’s new before & after pictures of adult patients getting forward maxilla growth with headgear
- Mike Mew introduces hybrid appliance of stage 3 biobloc which can also do expansion, it trains to keep the mouth shut while making the mouth bigger over time which effectively accomplishes forward maxilla growth overtime. I have been wearing the regular stage 3 biobloc now for over 8 months now because I already had the expansion and the results are becoming quite obvious. I personally feel at this time that the stage 3 is irreplaceable part of any treatment.
- Mike Mew reviews Dr. Moon’s bone anchorage methods for extra leverage on moving facial structure
- orthotropics and how it achieves better results of forward facial growth by John Mew, very strong case studies and clear concise superb presentation
- “get the mouth bigger, then train them to keep their mouth shut” -John Mew
The tropic premise is so simple, correct oral posture and achieve astounding results, yet it is so difficult to achieve as posture is very challenging to correct / change. But with appliances like the stage 3, & dedication it is possible.
“I can change every single one of you. You are only limited by yourselves.
We are creatures of habit and comfort.
Unfortunately most of you have a reduced tongue space and because you have a reduced tongue space, you tend to rest with your tongue slightly between the teeth, head slightly forwards,
If you were to correct that. Put the tongue on the roof of your mouth. Stand up straight (properly). Back of your tongue is gonna be in your air way!”
There’s no one on earth that understands and can explain the science of crooked teeth and how to best achieve orthodontic results as clearly as this man, Dr. John Mew (Mike Mew’s father), again he reminds us that getting good facial changes & good teeth is all about maintaining good posture.
Simple in concept but very difficult to achieve in most patients. As he will show in his case studies.
I’ve recently spoke to Mike Mew on skype maybe 1 month ago, and he shared with me new ideas he plans to begin implementing on adult patients and I can confirm that it most likely will produce the most staggering results anyone has seen anywhere.
This includes incorporating bone anchorage expansion / maxilla pull, new headgear he has designed, ultrasound to soften the sutures, physiotherapy, very ingenious ways to get the correct vectors for pull force.
Btw if anyone has good ideas about utilizing ultrasound, contact Mike.
Also Mike Mew will be doing mini courses about some of his cutting edge techniques in the very near future so if you are an aspiring dentist / orthodontist make sure to contact him below.
September 6th, 2018 is the big day
They will be organizing a big conference in London to really drive home the tropic premise, that getting straight teeth is all about posture. They want to make a big splash to the rest of the orthodontic community, so that real change in the profession can become a possibility. It is John Mew’s 90th birthday and Mike has been working tirelessly to to fulfill his dad’s legacy so that John can see that his efforts were not in vain.
The truth is Every orthodontist is mishandling their patient if they do not understand the tropic premise.
Mike has been talking to me about this conference for quite some time.
He is the man that wears many hats, not only is he treating his own patients, advancing treatment techniques in adults but he is also trying to carry on his dad’s mission of dismantling the current orthodontic mistreatment and creating a new standard. Where kids not only get straighter teeth but they get better faces as well with enough room to keep all the bicuspids and wisdom teeth.
To affect change on this level his message needs a big voice, not just by them but from other places such as myself and others that are taking a more proactive stance on sharing this message. He believes it is possible today through the phenomenon of social media and things going viral. He is currently looking for few others to really push this message out there, whether that be making youtube video, blogging, etc if you are one of those people contact Mike Mew at firstname.lastname@example.org