My long time readers will notice that the quality of my recent blog posts has gone up a little bit. (last couple of months) But I am running into a challenge of balancing my time I spend on this blog vs. the value I’m getting out of it, since quality blog posts are becoming quite time consuming. But I have more to share just not enough time, which is why I decided to create membership level so I can post the next level articles that I always wanted to make but couldn’t get around to doing so.
Honestly this blog has always been just a personal diary of mine that I made as a hobby anonymously because I enjoyed writing.
It’s only in the last half year or so that I began to heavily transition the blog more into orthodontic focus as I am currently at little over 2 years of reverse extraction process. during this time I have developed quite the passion in this field and writing about this field became most interesting than anything else. I wasn’t focused on increasing my readership as I never do any promoting of the site. I was just motivated by the positive feedback I was receiving so I focused on writing more quality content for my current readers.
However as I increased the quality of the blogs the more time consuming this hobby has become at the same time I have great desire to help those that are facing the same difficulties as I am because I know how tough this plight can be. And I was getting increasing questions in the mail and request for my before and after pictures. While honestly I was not ready to make a public display yet because 1 I was not done with my treatment yet and 2 I still valued my privacy.
In order to solve these dilemmas, I decided to create a member access level to the blog. Which solves a few things for me and provide more benefit to most my readers.
- A way for me to filter out random visitors from my real committed readers, that wouldn’t mind giving me compensation for my efforts and the extra time spent on developing this next level of the site will be well worth it. I honestly don’t want your money if the content is not that valuable to you.
- getting compensation will drive me to create even higher quality content for the exclusive articles as well as the main blog to drive more traffic. Depending on how successful this is of course, the regular blog could become more active which is good for all readers.
- those that really value this material will find even more value on the membership posts as I can share more personal level material such as more before and afters, while still remaining partly anonymous to the general public.
- I can go more in-depth quicker and be more efficient in discussion because I don’t have to cater to general public & re-explain things, because I know most people that buys the membership already have general sense of this subject.
- Exclusive Member Only posts are another opportunity for me to re-collect all that I have learned and make it more concise and deliver in a more inclusive manner, where one of the issues that new readers of the site is having is that there’s so much information that’s scattered across multiple blog posts spanning several months it is difficult to keep track. Since I have been blogging as I learn, such is the nature of blogs.
The first exclusive members only article I put up is before and after picture of 2 years of reverse extraction orthodontic work which includes over 1 year of adult palate expansion. The pictures show a significant change in my mouth, and is a quite powerful post, displaying that it is possible to reverse what was done, and to get bones to remodel even as adults and by significant degree. Not only that but I show what my teeth looked like before the reversal, showing the typical narrowed arch of extraction orthodontic and the psychological issues that came with it. I explore the question what makes a smile beautiful? it is certainly not the straightness of the teeth as orthodontists tend to think. This article should be enough to put ignorant orthodontists still doing extractions in their place, but they won’t listen 🙂
I have also updated About page.